YOUTH THEATRE @ The Ramor
Commences on Monday 10th September for 13 weeks
Youth Theatre @ The Ramor is a restructuring of Ramor Young Players and will now run for two 13 week periods from September to December 2018 and January to April 2019. It will take on a new emphasis of developing the skills of participants in the area of acting, drama and movement with an end of year show in April instead of the traditional Christmas Pantomime. This is aimed at giving time, structure and continuity for the participants to explore the dramatic developmental process in a safe and fun environment.
This group will be affiliated to Youth Theatre Ireland and in keeping with their ethos we aim to promote:
- Drama as a medium for learning and as a means of expression for young people
- The advancement of the artistic, personal and social development of young people through drama and performance related skills
- Youth theatre as a medium to extend and enhance young people’s understanding of theatre as an art form
- The development of youth theatres in Cavan
Tutors are Mary Farrelly and Trina McCann.
We believe that youth theatre is a place to develop young artists and young citizens and we aim to promote youth drama opportunities that focus on the artistic, personal and social development of young people so come and join us on this new and exciting adventure.
Juniors €80. Seniors €90 (Per 13 Week Period).
Junior 8-12 years (National Schools) Monday Evenings 5:00pm-6:00pm
Senior 12-18 years (Secondary Schools) Monday Evenings 6:30pm-8:00pm.
Commencing on Monday 10th September for 13 Weeks.
Places are limited so Booking is essential.
Special Needs Drama
Commences on Wednesday 19th September for 6 weeks
Drama For Young People With Special Needs @ The Ramor
Ramor Theatre with the support of Creative Ireland will run a 6 week Drama Course for Young People with Special Needs on Wednesday evenings commencing on 19th September for 6 weeks.
These workshops aim to use:
- Drama as a medium for learning and as a means of expression for children with special needs.
- The advancement of the artistic, personal and social development of these children through drama and performance related skills.
This will be done through dramatic explorations and playfulness through both group and individual work. This free pilot scheme is aimed at National School children aged 6 to 12 and will be led by dance and drama tutor Mary Farrelly and will include drama, dance and movement.
Cost: FREE but booking is essential.
Time: 7:00pm to 8:00pm Wednesday’s.
Places are limited to 12.
Commencing 19th September for 6 Weeks